Monday, August 20, 2007

David Mealor (R-FL-34) Quits to Apply as Chancellor of Community Colleges and Workforce Education; Chris Dorworth in the Mix?




Seminole Job-Swap Rumors are confirmed.
Chris Dorworth has Greer's backing.

=======
August 20, 2007

The Honorable Marco Rubio
Speaker, Florida House of Representatives
420 The Capitol
Tallahassee, FL 32399-1400Dear Speaker Rubio:

Thank you for the opportunity to Chair the House Postsecondary Education Committee. As are you aware, David Armstrong, former Chancellor, Community Colleges and Workforce Education, accepted the presidency at Broward Community College. After discussions with, and encouragement from, educational and policy leaders throughout our state, I intend to seek the Chancellor position.

I believe that my background, experiences and legislative knowledge will allow me to effectively serve our state and assist our new Commissioner of Education.

I am requesting that you accept my resignation as the State Representative of District 34 effective 11:59 pm October 31, 2007. I believe this to be in the best interest of the constituents in District 34, and fairer to the State Board of Education/Selection Committee.

I respectfully request that the District 34 office remain open to serve the constituents after my resignation and the election of the new State Representative of the district. I further request that my legislative assistant, Sharon Spann, and my legislative secretary, Carolyn Johnson, remain in the employ of the Florida House of Representatives until the special election is complete.

It has been an honor to serve the citizens of District 34 and the citizens of Florida since my election in November 2000.
Respectfully,
David Mealor
State Representative
District 34

No comments: