Thursday, May 17, 2007

Weldon [R] Welshes on Term Limits Promise

Dave Weldon {R} announced this week he'll ask voters in Indian River County and the rest of his district to send him back to Washington next year.
Weldon, R-Indialantic, is seeking his eighth term as District 15th representative.
Smashed Frog reminds Weldon of his TERM LIMITS PLEDGE.

From Polk County Bill Rufty blogs over at The Ledger:

Term Limits? What Term Limits?

Five years after the deadline he had set for himself to leave Congress, U.S. Rep Dave Weldon, R-Indialantic, announced Wednesday that he will run again for another two-year term.
Weldon, whose 15th Congressional District includes just a sliver of Northeast Polk County, had said when he first ran in 1994 that he would limit himself to just eight years in the House.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We need to get Weldon out and the Indian River Young Democrats are going to help enforce "Term Limits" on Do nothing Dave.

Sinfonian said...

I can't Trackback here, but I thought I'd let you know that I tipped my hat to you over at my place, and expanded on it some.

Cheers! :)