Buddy Johnson [R], Hillsborough County Supervisor of Elections, not paid the taxes due on land and two homes he bought for $1.27-million, and he also owes back taxes on a third home and another lot he sold last year.
Buddy Johnson's tax problems
Unit PH 102, Rivo at Ringling Condo, Sarasota
• Did not pay the $7,338 property tax bill due in March. The bill is now considered delinquent.
• Bought the 13th floor condo in December 2006, paid $476,800. Has put it up for sale. Price: $440,000.
19.98 acres off Thonotosassa Road, Plant City
• Did not pay the $1,682 property tax bill due in March. The bill is now considered delinquent.
• Sought $25,000 homestead exemption in February, but was ruled ineligible because he owns the property not under his own name but under a corporate title, Fort Bully East.
• Charging a cow exhibitor $20 a year to lease the property to let 12 cows graze on the land; seeking an agricultural "greenbelt'' exemption that would reduce next year's tax bill from $12,626 to $120. Property appraiser has until July to rule on the exemption request.
2815 Cherry Tree Lane, Plant City
• Late paying property taxes on this parcel in 2004.
• Did not pay property taxes in 2005 and 2006.
• Upon sale of home in 2007, paid $1,122 in past due taxes, plus penalties, fees and interest.
• Tax collector discovered calculation error and notified Johnson last September that he owed $2,052. Johnson never responded to that bill. Now being charged 18 percent a year on the unpaid amount.